Spring Clean Your Routine: Healthy Habits For Healthy Skin
Healthy skin is a sign of a healthy body. When something is wrong internally, it may show in your skin. Pimples and blackheads may signify that something is off balance internally. Lack of proper vitamins may lead to dry skin. The beginning of spring is the perfect time to get back on track, if you've fallen off a bit since those new year resolutions.
Here are a few suggestions to help you do that.
1. Drink plenty of water each day. Water gives your body an internal shower. The body is around 90 percent water and it takes a lot to replenish what the body uses and what you lose everyday through perspiration and urination. Nutritionists recommend eight to ten glasses but you can drink as much water as you can handle. Water moisturizes the skin from the inside.
2. Get exercise. Exercise improves circulation, oxygen utilization in the body and flexibility in the muscles. It also helps you to maintain a healthy weight. Now is a good time to set a new schedule including outdoor activities or revisit your original plan for a fresh start.
3. Go to sleep. Lack of sleep doesn’t just scramble your brain. Skin begins to show signs of stress. During sleep, the body’s cells go to work repairing damage done during the day. Without restorative sleep, you don’t get an internal body makeover. For your skin, this means wrinkles, dry patches and a dull sheen. Exercise also helps you sleep deeper and more restful.
4. Eat more raw foods. Processed foods contain chemicals and preservatives that the body was never meant to digest. Foods in their natural state like fruits and vegetables are power-packed with nutrients to meet your daily needs. Instead of a glass of apple juice, reach for the raw apple itself.
5. Protect your skin from the outside. Use as much natural skin care products as possible and include sunscreen when you head outdoors. Harsh chemicals can lead to premature aging, wrinkling, dry skin or age spots.
Kick-off Spring with these suggestions and reveal the natural glow in your skin!